Online Therapy, Online Counseling, Telehealth in California & Illinois
Online Therapy, Online Counseling, Telehealth
in California & Illinois
Embrace Psych offers online therapy for those who want support, but find it difficult to get into the therapy office.
Research shows that online sessions are just as effective as in-person therapy for most people!
What is Online Therapy?
Online therapy and online services are pretty much the same as in-person services, yet they are conducted virtually by either video or phone sessions. The current need for social distancing has drastically increased the need for and interest in online services; however, research has supported the efficacy of online therapy for decades. Personally, I have about 5 years of experience providing online services to clients.
Online therapy offers many advantages for people when there may be a challenge to scheduling in-person sessions, such as:
- Being able to work with the clinician you want, regardless of distance or location.
- Continuity of care if you move away from where your clinician is located.
- Improved access to care.
- Increased flexibility for scheduling.
- Saving time that would go to commuting and sitting in traffic.
- Saving money on child care, parking, or being late to or missing your appointment due to difficulty getting to the office.
- Increased sense of health and safety when meeting from the comforts of your home, which may help you feel more motivated and open to being vulnerable in session.
Are Online Services for Me?
If you are interested in therapy; however, are finding that scheduling, flexibility, commute, or general ability to make it to a physical appointment is getting in your way, then online services could be ideal for you!
It’s not uncommon that career or personal demands make it difficult to attend an in-person appointment, yet you should not let this be the reason that gets in the way of you receiving therapy. It is possible to have a midday session during a lunch break, an early session before the rest of your day begins, or an early evening session without having to sit in rush hour traffic. Additionally, thanks to advancements in technology, you now have the opportunity to work with someone that you think would be a great fit even if you don’t live close by.
The best way to determine if online therapy is for you is to contact me for your complimentary 15-minute consultation!